Finding a job in Berlin can be especially tough if you don’t speak German and/or have Visa issues to consider. We have a selected a few companies which we consider to be GLOBALS employers, i.e. value international teams, are supportive of expats, don’t necessarily require you to speak German fluently and/or might see your mother tongue as an advantage because of their worldwide operations.
Let us give you some example ;
- The world’s largest chemical company BASF regularly posts job offers, especially the IT ones do not always require profound German skills.
- Canadian multinational aerospace and transportation company Bombardier employs, a.o., IT and management specialists, some of their job posting don’t list fluency in German as a requirement.
- Coca-Cola’s business language in Berlin is German. If that is not a problem for you, they are very proud about their diverse employee structure and offer jobs in a multitude of professions.
- The online food-ordering service Delivery Hero Holding GmbH operates in 12 countries and is based in Berlin. They pride themselves in having an international startup atmosphere with English as working language and offer jobs in IT, Marketing, Finance, etc. German is only required for certain positions.
- The multinational ebay , listed as a Great Place to Work®, offers an English Germany careers site and posts many IT and management jobs that vary in the level of German language skills required.
- The Google office in Berlin deals with Sales & Account Management, Marketing & Communications and more.
- Finnish multinational Nokia does mainly Research & Development in Berlin, fluency in German is not necessary for most of these jobs.
- Oracle is the third-largest software company and constantly looking for Sales, Consulting and Product Development professionals for its office in Potsdam (just outside Berlin) and post their job offers in English.
- Soundcloud is an online audio distribution platform, another fast-paced Berlin startup and employer of engineering (and other) professionals from a multitude of nationalities.
- Global Sustain is providing a wide range of services and solutions to support its members succeeding triple bottom line results.
Finally, if you want to make your job search more efficient, the use of headhunters is a good option. Here are a few that are recommendable..
Missing Link Recruitment GmbH is coming from a background hosting hackathons, meetups, and conferences, building tech teams for our their and other start-ups, and helping big companies grow their tech teams and deliver a real impression of the company, product, tech stack and working culture to potentials, they decided to take a different route. They are great networkers, meetup goers, and organizers.
- You can get in touch with their representative and GLOBALS solutioner Giulio here.
Viasto interview suite is the only video interviewing software-as-a-service that has proven to achieve the highest quality assessment standards. The viasto interview suite offers a structured web-based video interview that enables reliable selection decisions based on innovative video technology.