We are Saiga
We believe that people spend too much time on countless nuisance tasks and life admin.
It does not need to be this way!
Saiga will radically and fundamentally change how we manage our lives, becoming the focal point of the entire administrative and bureaucratic life of people and their households. We use machine learning and UX magic to turn admin into a joyful and positive experience.
Saiga is founded by Karl Moritz Hermann who was previously CEO of the AI research company Dark Blue Labs (sold to Google) and a senior staff researcher at DeepMind. We are backed by some of Europe’s most ambitious VCs and experienced Angel investors, giving us the runway and support to build a category-defining and impactful company.
You will lead the development of our product from a technical perspective and manage our engineering team. As lead engineer you will decide on architecture and infrastructure, but also write key bits of code yourself. You will help grow the engineering team, both through helping with recruiting and mentorship of more junior team members.
Our technology will focus heavily on machine learning and robot process automation with a need for secure and reliable infrastructure. The system will be large scale. It will be complex and have hundreds of moving parts. We prefer to think of this as sophisticated and cutting-edge. As lead engineer you will take responsibility for this architecture, implementing standards and processes that ensure a well-maintained codebase whilst demonstrating the pragmatism required to get things done in an early stage startup.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering
- Proven track-record of management responsibility
- Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining complex IT architectures
- Some experience in ML, RPA, Security would be a bonus.
- Ideally, you will have previously built something from zero
- A strong understanding and sense for code health and setups to allow for that
- Willing to lead from the front and get your hands dirty writing code and setting up infrastructure yourself
We know that box-ticking is dull and that nobody fits all the boxes. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get at Saiga
In addition to a competitive salary and equity plan, following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Work-life balance: we operate short core-hours to give full flexibility to working parents and night owls alike. Think of us like Basecamp (but a little less patronising).
- Real responsibility: as an early employee in an ambitious startup we give you a lot of responsibility (and expect you to own it). We are looking for people who want this.
- Growth: we look for potential as much as for experience. Expect an incredibly steep learning curve and the growth opportunities that come with that.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. (Really!) We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. We can help with immigration.
How to apply
To apply just forward your LinkedIn or CV to [email protected].
If you want to stand out, please add a short text describing an unusual bit of life admin that you have to deal with or an ingenious solution you have applied to some aspect of your regular admin work.
Our hiring process is reasonably streamlined (initial chat, meet some of the team, technical interview, final conversation) and designed to give both of us ample time to decide whether we’d be excited to be working with each other, as well as giving you all the information you might need to make an informed decision.