n8n is an open and extendable workflow tool, enabling you to create powerful automations. With a fair-code distribution model, run n8n locally or in the cloud and augment with custom functions, logic and apps. n8n’s node-based approach makes it highly versatile, enabling you to map anything to everything. Whilst we are focused on developer users for now, our vision long-term is to ‘give anyone who uses a computer technical superpowers’, enabling them to create amazing workflows and automations without code.
We are at the beginning of our journey but have great traction, an amazing community and companies using our product globally. The company is headquartered in Berlin, was founded in 2019, and has raised seed funding from top-tier investors and angels globally, including Sequoia and firstminute Capital.
As a Senior Developer you will build, improve and maintain our workflow automation tool. You will make sure that n8n is as easy to use as possible, properly tested and simple to extend. You will help the community, create integrations and shape the future of the project. Finally you will have a key role in helping to steer and coach a team of junior developers, with potential to eventually take on full team leadership responsibility.
- Team player
- Love making things more efficient and easier for people
- Passion for software craftsmanship and keeping things simple and maintainable (code and usage)
- Self organized, problem solver comfortable working independently and as part of an empowered team
- Fluent in English
- Several years of relevant and solid experience as a Fullstack engineer or Several years of experience in software development
- Experience in consuming RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Node.js
- Familiarity with Linux and Git
- Relational database design and SQL programming skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with TDD, unit and integration tests
- Experience with cloud computing (Docker, Kubernetes)
- DevOps knowledge
- Experience with Vue.js
- Having worked on open-source projects
- Competitive salary and options package
- Small, fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment
- Assistance with relocation
- $100 per month to give to open-source/fair-code projects you care about
- Be one of the first employees and an integral part of the core team of a new startup which enables you to shape its product, community, and company culture
n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status