Founded in June 2018, EDU is operated by Digital Education Holdings Ltd. (DEH), a private institution for higher education with a vision to increase the quality and accessibility of education.
In a world where technology is re-shaping the way we study and live, we want to harness technology as a tool to support continuous lifelong learning. Our aim at EDU is to make high quality education accessible to anyone in the world who is passionate about studying.
We are a dedicated team with a broad background in Medicine, Education and Technology. Our team has a proven track record of successfully building online learning platforms. EDU Medical is the first digital College of Medicine globally and the first digital-native Institute of Higher Education in Europe!
Our students are taught using new evidence-based didactic methodologies in conjunction with synchronous learning in small groups and personalised support from medical expert tutors and mentors. This is supported by latest digital learning technologies.
To ramp-up our growth, we are looking for a full-time Full Stack WordPress Developer based in our office in either Germany or Malta or Slovakia.
Expectations and Tasks
- 3+ years’ experience as a full stack developer with a track record of writing code that is clean, understandable, cross-browser and cross-device compatible;
- Proficiency in script languages and modern frameworks (HTML, CSS, jQuery, Vue.js, Angular, Laravel);
- Understanding of cloud services (AWS, GCP etc.);
- Proficiency in WordPress: Developing custom themes, plugins and administration;
- Experience in programming with databases and database modelling (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle and/or MySQL);
- Ability to work with REST APIs, Ajax and JSON;
- Ability to develop responsive websites with a mobile-first approach;
- Fluent in the English language.
Skills and Competencies
As a developer, you support the IT taking websites and application portals to the next level. Responsibilities include:
- Build new theme features and plugins onto the WordPress framework;
- Participate with technical discussions and technical decisions with team members;
- Contribute to team development processes & standardization;
- Ensure all work is thoroughly tested before going live;
- Implement SEO recommendations and technical updates;
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in web development.
What we offer
- An innovative business with a friendly organizational culture;
- The opportunity to join a professional and passionate multi-cultural team, with over 20 nationalities;
- An exciting work environment that promotes talent-growth and career development;
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely;
- Competitive salary package;
- and much more!
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to [email protected]
To harness the power of innovation, EDU invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. EDU is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities.