At Zattoo we are building and operating on one of the most sophisticated video service on the planet: we decode hundreds of 24/7 live TV channels (including the most popular TV stations in Europe and the US), integrating state of the art UI for high class VOD services and aim for the best user experience in our apps. The Android ecosystem is one of the most important ways for users to enjoy our service. We work closely with Google (for Android, Android TV and Google Assistant) and Amazon (for Amazon Fire TV and Alexa) to make sure we leverage all the potential of these powerful ecosystems for our service. In addition to our own offering, we use the power of Android TV for Operators with a custom launcher to allow our customers to offer state of the art services with their OEM hardware vendor of choice.
All this is envisioned, built and maintained by our highly skilled Android team. As Engineer Manager – Android (f/m/x) your role is to enable your team to do their best. As a leader you should be approachable, thoughtful, listen well, and facilitate an easy exchange of ideas, knowledge, and practices. You should bring your own ideas on how to further optimize the architecture and help extend the capabilities of our system every day. You should be curious about the inner workings of our video encoding and streaming and be able to think and operate at scale.
- Provide organizational leadership for the Android team (currently 8 Engineers)which is shared across different cross functional teams
- Constantly raise the bar on quality and best practices
- Own the technical vision with the support of the Android Tech-Lead
- Represent the Android team and collaborate with other departments to conceptualise, build, test and release best-in-class applications
- Work hand in hand with other engineering managers and reduce complexity by optimizing joint processes
- Lead the hiring process for the Android team
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of development experience with at least 3+ years in Android application development and deep understanding of the Android system build and application framework
- 3+ years of experience leading and mentoring a team of software developers
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Comfortable in working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
- Proven track record of shipping several large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across various teams
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- TV app development (Android TV and/or Fire TV, Cast API)
- Adaptive video streaming on Android
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!