Zattoo is searching for a highly motivated Android Video Engineer (f/m/x) with a proven track record in streaming expertise to join our world class team. Zattoo’s mobile apps for Android are installed on millions of devices. We were among the first to bring Live and Catch Up TV to these platforms. In addition to mobile, we put a strong focus on new Android based big screen platforms such as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV.
We’re looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what’s possible on these platforms. You will find Zattoo to be a comfortable place to work with pragmatic decision making, fast approval paths and willingness to take risks. Most importantly, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who’ll share your commitment to developing and selling world class products. You will belong to the video team that owns the whole streaming chain ingest/encoding/packaging/delivery/playback. Together with frontend video engineers of other platforms you will analyse and improve video playback at Zattoo and push the experience of Zattoo’s service to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Analyse, configure and maintain ExoPlayer, show good understanding of its internal logic
- Adopt your knowledge of Android Media Stack for future proof development
- Use debugging tools for investigation and research
- Write clean and testable code
- Collaborate with Video Backend Engineers and other Frontend Video Engineers
- Become a valued member of Zattoo’s Engineering team and improve our core quality of experience
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of experience in Android streaming application development (video-on-demand and/or linear video playback)
- High proficiency with Kotlin and Java
- Knowledge of Android Media Stack, including internal logic and debugging tools
- Experience with multithreaded programming and real time considerations
- Experience with video streaming technologies (DASH, HLS) and codecs (H.264, H.265)
- Familiarity with OEM-level optimisations and patching; e.g. Introducing changes to system code base, granting permissions to apps, applying firmware patches
- Experience with tracking playback events, errors, behavior, user experience and A/B testing
Here’s what we offer you
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
You can learn more about us at:
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!