KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d) who enjoys working in a collaborative and creative work environment, and who will use technology to empower other development teams to do their best work. If you are interested in joining a team that offers strong career growth, and you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project we have an amazing opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Work on a cutting-edge project, creating a multiplayer game backend by using the best of the SpatialOS and systems built in-house.
- Develop and operate an infrastructure platform for the server-side part of our upcoming MMO game.
- Enable feature development teams to easily and quickly develop, deploy and evolve services running on that infrastructure platform.
- Create and evolve software services as part of that platform that will streamline aspects like authentication, logging, monitoring, or service-to-service communication.
- You will be working with a technology stack of (amongst others) GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, gRPC, SpatialOS, NATS, and C#.
- You will be part of an agile software development team focused on infrastructure and developer productivity, and be responsible for reliability, uptime and rate of improvement of our server-side platform.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have several years of experience in operating cloud infrastructure at scale utilising cloud hosting providers in a production environment as a Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer or in a similar role.
- You have experience working on server-side, networked software services as a Software Engineer.
- You have experience working with the C# language.
- You are able to communicate and collaborate as a member of an agile development team, across teams, and partner with other departments like Art, Game Design and Production to bring a technological product to users.
- You have worked on networked multiplayer games, ideally persistent ones.
- You have experience with the Unity3D game engine
- You have first-hand experience with SpatialOS, message busses, relational databases, and tools like Prometheus or ElasticSearch.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Snacks and Drinks for free
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Free and discounted memberships with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Relocation assistance and visa support
- Reimbursement for professional courses/trainings
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.