Zattoo is a leader in the IPTV space servicing millions of users with both B2C products and through our B2B partners. With more and more high profile partners relying on our infrastructure we need to ensure our service is constantly monitored and any alerts are thoroughly investigated. As a Support Escalation Engineer you’ll join our TV operations centre team and help us to ensure 24/7 monitoring of our network and infrastructure. This will play a key role in meeting and exceeding the expectations of our partners.
We are looking for a Support Escalation Engineer (f/m/x) with experience of monitoring networks or TV platforms to join our team in Berlin. You will be integral in assisting our partners in understanding and resolving technical issues or escalating them for our engineering team to assess. You’ll also need to enjoy watching TV, as you’ll be doing a lot of it.
- Support our B2B partners with their Zattoo products and answer various technical inquiries professionally and according to the Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Act as 3rd level support for B2B customer problems to detect sources of error and escalate them to appropriate engineering teams or third party vendors
- Document solutions and communicate these to both internal and external parties
- Monitor the performance and capacity of network, TV and streaming systems through a variety of tools
- Identify alarms and warnings in hardware, software and network
- Communicate incidents and planned maintenance with internal and external parties
- Design and send monthly Service Availability Reports to our B2B partners according to the SLAs
- Willingness to work in a shift pattern which includes some nights and weekends, when TV usage is the highest
- Ability to read and understand monitoring systems
- Basic knowledge of Linux and networking
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both German and English (at least C1)
- Bonus: Understanding of IPTV / TV systems
- Bonus: CCNA
- Bonus: Experience in technical support or as an engineer in Network Operations Centers
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!