Zattoo is building the platform for the future of Television. It unleashes TV from it’s long standing restrictions in time and place, by using modern technology to distribute the content and personalize the experience. We give our users freedom to enjoy their beloved content whenever and wherever they want. Our platform serves over 2 Mio. monthly users, both under Zattoo and partners brands, and the numbers are rapidly growing.
As a Backend Engineer (f/m/x) at Zattoo, you will build the foundation for a seamless and stable TV experience for millions of TV lovers. It might seem like an easy task, but actually it involves quite sophisticated engineering and architecting to bring what used to be broadcast into the personalized world of the internet. We, the backend engineers, tackle this challenge everyday by using the latest standards in software design and developments and by constantly improving our processes and tools. We do all that with a strong focus on scalability, distribution, efficiency and maintainability.
What you’ll do
- Wrap your head around our multi-tenant, distributed and international web API service infrastructure and push it to the next level
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers (frontend, backend, video and ops), understand their needs and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Build and maintain admin interfaces to make multi-tenancy business logic configuration accessible for tenant-facing teams
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of experience in any modern programming language. Python or Go are ideal.
- A deep understanding of how the Web works, from client requests to server-side handling to front-end rendering
- You enjoy building highly available services and APIs that scale and work efficiently even under highest load
- Be curious to understand and work with other people’s code and join the common effort to constantly improve our platform
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Experience with service oriented architecture and integrating external services
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Bonus: Basic DevOps/Network/Cloud Hosting experience
- Bonus: Experience in web frameworks such as Django
Here’s what we offer you
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!