Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The technology Product Management team, working with a Contentful infrastructure group, drives the product strategy for the key part of our offering – API content platform designed from scratch for the cloud.
Our customer base is growing at a fast pace, and our platform serves billions of API requests every single day. We are looking for an extraordinary product leader with a strategic vision and proven record of successfully getting API platform products to the market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Sr. Product Manager for Platform at Contentful, you will be driving the development of an enterprise-ready, highly scalable, reliable, and compliant content platform that powers the next generation of digital experiences.
In close collaboration with the Group Product Manager and the VP of Product, you will shape strategic thinking in the area of platform infrastructure by managing the roadmap. In this position, you will work across infrastructure technology teams pairing with the Engineering Managers.
- Work with engineering and data teams on strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering infrastructure products and services that are fast, efficient and dependable for our customers
- Drive a product roadmap and set goals and key success metrics
- Completely own your team’s products from ideation to launch, growth, and iteration
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Participate in customer-facing discussions and user conferences as a product expert
- Produce thought-leadership content in the area of cloud computing and platform infrastructure
- Manage uptake of new capabilities by coordinating with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success departments
- Contribute to an inclusive PM culture that shares user insights, learnings, and research findings early, often, and well
- Innovate platform packaging and positioning to increase value for our customers while creating growth opportunities for Contentful
- Identify and solve key challenges with the asset authentication on our platform
- Introduce platform offerings to better align with the customer performance needs
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – ie. product management or equivalent experience
- A customer-centric product leader that’s passionate about highly scalable, reliable and distributed systems and APIs
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of products and services
- Passion for identifying opportunities and working with teams to deliver
- A proven track record in a similar role in managing large-scale infrastructure products with a focus on API platforms
- Experience working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of enterprise requirements when it comes to scalability, reliability, compliance, and security
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales on supporting go-to-market strategies, for example through the creation of assets that describe and prove platform services and capabilities
- A strong growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management, ability to lead via influence
THE GOOD STUFF
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free on-site German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!