Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 350 people from 70 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE JOB
The product team at Contentful is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re looking for a Group Product Manager to take on multiple teams and projects, drive initiatives, and ensure our growing portfolio of products enables our customers to be as successful as possible.
Content Management System experience, developer platform experience, and experience with an API-first development approach is preferred but not required for the right candidate. Experience managing 3-5 individual contributors is required.
DAY TO DAY STUFF
- You’re responsible for the products within your group to work seamlessly with our growing portfolio to create the most value for Contentful customers
- You collaborate with the Group Product Managers, Design and Engineering counterparts to ensure vision and alignment
- You clearly plan and articulate your group’s strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall business and product strategies
- You coordinate closely with colleagues in adjacent groups
- You will drive multiple initiatives involving multiple product teams and disciplines
- You partner with Design, Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales and Customer Success as needed, forming productive relationships and processes
- You will lead, coach and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role
- You will work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance both short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- You will contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often and well
- You have a proven track record of developing successful enterprise product offerings
- You have been accountable for driving large scale initiatives across multiple projects and teams
- You have experience managing Product Managers and are successful in coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for the development of your team
- You can be hands-on with product management responsibilities when needed, as well as higher level organisational challenges
- You work–and inspire others to work–in a structured way to solve customer problems and develop the solutions that deliver the biggest results with the least inefficiency
- You have an understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Your written, visual and verbal communication is clear and concise
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and capable of working autonomously without strong oversight or direction
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate and build consensus across different roles, organizational levels and personalities
THE GOOD STUFF
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!