YOUR FUTURE TEAM
Department size: <10 Report to Vytenis, Director Data Science and Engineering
Bring in your expertise to assist 10+ million monthly users from 21 different markets on their quest to find the best travel accommodation. You will have the opportunity to test and refine your data analysis skills, support development of production-grade machine learning models, and initiate product releases 40 times per day. We give meaning to the term “action-oriented”; with A/B testing assigned to all crucial initiatives, we have 100+ active A/B tests running on a daily basis.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will join our ambitious and forward-thinking colleagues in the Data Products team and bring in your expertise to make an impact on a global scale. At HomeToGo, we rank 20+ million offers using machine learning and process 500+ million images using deep learning research techniques and therefore need you to ensure high quality algorithm development, but also efficiency and scalability of modelling frameworks. You will ultimately shape the future of our data products as we scale to the global stage.
PERKS OF YOUR FUTURE EMPLOYER
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team.
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities.
- Compensation of attractive salary, visa sponsorship, language courses, employee-led workshops, company and team events, adjustable standing desks, a unique and modern office, great IT equipment, additional holidays, public transport discounts, weekly yoga classes.
Check out what your future colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor and Kununu!
WHERE YOU ARE NEEDED
- Improve the world’s largest vacation rental search engine by designing, developing, and productionizing ML models in the context of large volumes of data.
- Overlook ML process automation, optimization, scalability, and quality assurance.
- Ensure usage of accurate model offline quality metrics and an adequate level of explainability.
- Search routinely for new methods and technologies and drive change for success.
- Lead and mentor a small group of talented Data Scientists, ensure work efficiency, and drive team project success rate.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to come up with creative solutions to commercial and/or user problems and make sure that HomeToGo’s Data Science strategy is in line with the company’s vision.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years experience in working on ML projects at scale, including full cycle from data mining to production ready model. A quantitative university degree.
- Extensive experience with Python, SQL, and large scale processing engines (e.g. Apache Spark), ideally in the context of distributed cloud computing (e.g. AWS, GCP).
- Proven track record of driving successful long-term ML projects, involving numerous iterations and, ideally, multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring other Data Scientists.
- Fluency in English.
- (Optional/Bonus) Relevant experience in one of the following: ranking algorithms, AWS stack (S3, Redshift, EMR), Bayesian approaches to modeling.
YOUR FUTURE EMPLOYER
HomeToGo: a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. In just six years since its founding, the company has expanded and now operates 23 localized websites in Europe, America, and the Asia-Pacific region. It has become the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO & Tripping. With over 17 million vacation rental offers worldwide from more than 1,300 travel websites like Airbnb, Booking.com, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, and more, we make finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!