Required: Applicants need to be currently enrolled in University and the internship must be mandatory (Pflichtpraktikum).
You want to help solve a problem that could save people’s lives? You’re highly motivated, hardworking and creative and want to have significant impact in an early-stage startup? Then this might be the perfect internship for you!
You’ll get the unique opportunity to help grow a business by hands-on building our first product.
MiProbes is led by Dr Nina Patrick and Dr Max Mundt, who are using synthetic biology, microbiology and biochemistry to develop a testing “bio-ink” for dangerous pathogens and viruses. Our products, including a biosensor for Salmonella, are significantly faster and cheaper while matching the test quality of the current gold standard. Interested?
What your internship will entail
- Full ownership of your molecular biology/ microbiology experiments
- You will prepare samples, screen against interesting targets and analyze results
- You’ll be working on cutting edge synthetic biology!
We seek an intern who has demonstrated accomplishment in the following skills:
- Expertise in basic microbiology and molecular biology techniques: Sterile technique, PCR, cloning, transformation, bacterial cultures
- Desirable but not necessary: High-throughput screening, Fluorescence-based assays, computational data analysis
- Previous experience working in a laboratory with minimal supervision is a plus
- You give great attention to details and have high standards concerning the quality of your work
- You have good time management and work with care and precision in the lab
- Determined to optimize experiments and produce quality work
- You are a team-player and someone we can count on
- You share our vision and are up for the challenge
- You are fluent in English
Why you will love MiProbes
- You’ll be working directly with our CTO & Co-Founder
- Be part of an early growth startup: See how a small team is creating something huge
- A small team means a lot of support and open ears for awesome ideas: We want to see you being creative and try out stuff!
- You’ll work on something that will change the lives of millions
- As you would with friends, we’ll go for beers, have lunches and much more
- Flexible hours & work with us from our laboratory in Buch!
What you need to bring
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related area
- Clear and concise communication
- The desire to be working in a bootstrapped startup to be fully hands-on
- Interest in working within an exciting startup company environment
- Resourceful, flexible with a hands-on mentality
We can’t wait to hear from you!