CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers, and we’re looking for customer care specialists who excel at problem-solving to help us provide life-changing outcomes for our students. Our worldwide, online community of students take UX and UI Design and Web Development courses with us to get started in a new career in tech, while we support them from our Berlin HQ.
You will be joining the Student Team to support our global and diverse customer base. Our Student Team is there to support our students, get to know them and their motivations, and help drive them to success by keeping them logging back in and learning. It’s customer service with a difference – a focus on education, outcomes for the customer, and life-changing success.
We’re looking for experienced customer service and care specialists to transition into Student Advisors – interpreting the basics of technical questions about our materials and policies, resolving financial issues, helping with course timing, and dropping in with just the right piece of advice, a reminder of why they signed up, or a perk like a week’s extension to help them juggle their course with their lives. It’s a fulfilling role and we’re proud to be a provider that’s accessible to students who can’t take other bootcamps. We’re looking for initiative and the organizational/project management skills needed to see ideas through from research to implementation, to measuring impact and tweaking the concept. We’d love to hear what initiatives you’ve been responsible for in the past.
This is a full-time position with no shift work required. We are currently working remotely during the pandemic but once we return to the office later in the year, this position will be based in our office in Berlin, Germany.
Mission as a Customer Care Specialist / Student Advisor:
Fully support our students, helping them feel connected in an online learning environment and making sure they complete their course or program by providing paths for them to overcome financial, technical, and other obstacles to their learning.
1 – Provide reliable, quick, and high-quality customer support to grow retention and completion rates
- Respond to student enquiries via online channels, primarily written but also using web-based video calls where appropriate
- Meet our Service Level Agreements and improve first response resolution rate where possible
- Demonstrate empathy for the students and help them stay engaged in their online learning experience with CF
- Create templates for responding to repeated requests or situations to improve team efficiency
- Identify repeat issues and escalate where appropriate
2- Contribute to and strengthen the student community
- Monitor communications channels like Slack to address questions and concerns from students
- Plan and take part in remote community-building events on Slack
- Work with our Media Team to create engaging multi-channel content to increase their engagement with CF, whether pre- or post-enrolment
3-Plan and execute initiatives to improve the student experience
- In consultation with Team Lead, move relevant customer experience and success metrics by planning data-led projects focusing on various areas of the student experience (e.g. course progress, engagement, community, motivation etc)
- Contribute to cross-team projects involving other subject matter experts, representing the Student Team’s body of knowledge
- Be able to measure impact using qualitative and quantitative methods, and use this data to contribute to crafting the Student Team’s community and engagement strategy
How to Apply:
Please write a letter of intent addressing the following:
- Why do you want to work at CareerFoundry?
- What are some of the challenges of online education at the moment, and what would you propose to help students overcome them?
- Is there anything in your background or skills which you think would make you a success in this role?
Please submit your resume/CV, along with your letter of intent, via the “Apply for this role” button below. We ask applicants to please remove photos from their application materials for this position.
- 2 years of experience in online customer service, preferably in a startup or tech company environment
- Native-level English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and teams to complete daily operational tasks
- Ability to work well in a team, and ready to jump in and help others where needed
- Experience working in or familiarity with education or online education
- Project management, CRM and community management experience considered a big plus