At Wooga, we make games with thoughtful, compelling stories at their core.
Our mission is to create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. We want to provide a place for them to become part of exciting worlds and touch their hearts with our stories, in which their actions drive the stories forward. We’re based in the heart of Berlin, where over 250 employees from around the world work together to create high quality story-driven casual games.
As a Head of Accounting, you will be leading a team of passionate, dedicated individuals, guiding financial decisions, and contributing to the company’s financial initiatives. You are a hands-on leader, always ready to jump into the daily work, wherever needed, while maintaining a positive attitude that inspires your team to face the day-to-day challenges.
About the role
- You will be overseeing and driving all activities of the accounting department as well as lead and develop a team of 5 employees
- You will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly US GAAP reporting package and the German GAAP yearly financial statements
- You will be leading the communication with our shareholder financial reporting team
- You will be responsible for developing and optimising accounting processes taking into consideration SOX compliance
- You will be establishing an effective working capital management processes
- You will be liaising with external partners such as auditors, tax advisors, banks
- You will be involved in creating ad-hoc analyses, statistics, evaluations, reports
- You have at least 5 years of senior accounting experience with a proven track record of leading a team
- You have a strong understanding of group reporting processes, detailed knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and German GAAP and Experience in implementing SOX requirements as well as strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Navision, SAP Business One) and advanced Excel/spreadsheet skills
- Excellent university degree in Finance or Accounting, alternatively adequate business experience and a professional certification
- Knowledge of the digital game industry or other digital business models such as e-commerce or performance marketing is a plus
- Excellent English & German language skills
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city, socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- Relocation support that matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of an education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafes, internal trainings, workshops, and many others!
- We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.