CareerFoundry is creating the most human-centric education company on earth. We believe education is broken and that as a result a lot of people are not able to reach their potential.
As Director of Finance you report directly to the CEO and you are part of the management team. The challenge will be to scale our online mentor-based business model without lowering the quality of service. You will support the company’s growth by removing bottlenecks, improving unit economics, and positioning in the market.
- You define our pricing and payment strategy and positioning in the online ed tech market.
- You plan international expansions by setting up a US inc.
- You support the CEO in raising further financing rounds
- You plan and execute accounting process improvements
- You define data needs for business intelligence
- You suggest ways to improve gross margin without lowering the quality of service
- You manage the financial reporting for the organization. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting. You oversee yearly external audits
- You do monthly reporting to management team, identifying potential areas to invest and save, with finance as a departure point, rather than growth or product improvement
- You support the marketing team with forecasting & risk assessment
- You manage pricing adjustments due to currency fluctuations
- You ensure all employees understand the basics of the business model
- You build a team to support you across finance functions
- You manage ESOP shares
- Fluent English and German
- 8 Years of experience in accounting, controlling, and finance.
- Process optimization experience
- Management experience
- Startup experience
- Knowledge of German corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Knowledge of International billing and US GAAP
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field from a German University
- You have an analytical mind with a strategic ability
- You have excellent organizational and leadership skills. You have managed people.
- You are open and direct. You are a critical thinker and you can challenge the CEO.
- You empathize with our career change customers and you are a believer in our mission
- You have a growth mindset for the business and for yourself
- You are ‘hands on’ and you have a ‘can do attitude’