Zattoo’s web development team builds apps beyond usual desktop/mobile browsers. They deliver JS applications to a vast range of platforms like Chromecast, Samsung and Panasonic smart TVs and set-top boxes. Some of their focal points are:
- Performance which matters. Our apps should run smoothly on devices which are 50x times slower than your laptop.
- Non-trivial user interactions. We are building UIs which could be controlled via remote control, connected smartphones or voice interaction.
- Complex business logic. Each app could be deployed to a different B2B customer, which results in a different feature set, different UI, different language, different business rules and many more.
At the moment Zattoo web team is responsible for apps on four major Smart TV platforms: Tizen (Samsung), Orsay (Samsung) Web OS (LG) and VIERA Connect (Panasonic). For some of the platforms we use unified player Bitmovin, for others, we rely on native SDKs. As player is the most crucial part of our application we want to strengthen the team with a Frontend Engineer (f/m/x).
- Develop client-facing apps: translate business requirements into new features or apply changes to existing ones
- Improve player performance and stability across various platforms
- Help us built solid test automation for SmartTVs
- Align player implementation across different vendors
- Add to our internal private NPM packages and help us increase code reuse while creating well tested and documented modules
- Work closely with other teams in order to understand their needs and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions (Designers, QA Engineers, Backend Developers, B2B Engineers, Product Managers)
- Be curious and help us evolve constantly: watch out for areas (code, tools, process) which could be improved; create proposals, participate in discussions and bring them to life
- Deep understanding of how the web works
- Experience with modern frontend workflows: design tools, project management tools, unit and E2E testing, build tools, REST APIs, CLI, CI/CD
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: Experience with adaptive HTTP streaming
- Bonus: Experience with building apps for SmartTVs
- Bonus: Experience with React, Redux, Jest, ECMAScript 6, webpack
- Bonus: Experience with Node.js
- Bonus: Experience with video streaming
- Bonus: Experience with Bitmovin
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!