Are you a Java expert who can write clean and testable code? Want to work with the latest tech in a talented international team? Then this is the role for you!
Our story (the bitesize version):
With millions of orders every week from food-lovers in 11 countries, we’re making mealtimes quick, easy and delicious from Hamburg to Haifa. But what drives our success isn’t food, it’s tech.
From backend developers to data analysts and software specialists, the teams in our tech hubs of Berlin, Enschede and Tel Aviv deliver innovation and ensure each order runs smoothly. That’s where you come in.
All about the role:
We’re building an innovative new invoicing system. Working in a talented Scrum team, as our Senior Java Backend Developer (Finance), you’ll help ensure it handles all our needs.
That means writing high-quality, clean code supporting our company’s business needs, and testing it with Java frameworks.
As part of this role, you’ll also:
- Support team members – e.g. through pair programming
- Help improve development practices in our backend community
Can you deliver…
Want to join the team in Berlin? Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Backend Developer
- In-depth knowledge of Java or Kotlin + Spring Framework
- Experience with messaging systems (preferably Kafka or Kinesis)
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID, and clean code principles
- Knowledge of Docker and MySQL
- Understanding of financial terminology and applications is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes or Mesos is an advantage
- Ability to read and understand PHP code is a plus
Here is our offer
Like burger and fries or bread and cheese, we think your skills and these rewards belong together:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work on an exciting project as part of an international team
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative
- Great company events, including our annual snow event
- A dynamic, welcoming workplace in the heart of Berlin (we’re right by Potsdamer Platz!)
- Contribution to your pension plan
- Office amenities: Delicious tea & coffee, PS4, our popular Friday drinks…and more
- Contribution to your travel costs and budget for ordering lunches
Ready to take on the role? Click Apply Now and send us your CV!