Le Wagon is a coding bootcamp that brings technical skills to creative people. Founded in Paris in 2014, we now have campuses in 40 cities around the world, including London, Paris, Melbourne, Rio, Bali and more! We have been voted no#1 coding bootcamp worldwide on SwitchUp and CourseReport with 8000+ alumni.
Our Berlin office is now on the hunt for a Office Manager to join our team. We are looking for a highly organised and sociable person to make the Le Wagon office the best place to work in Berlin!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ?
- Ensure all office spaces are kept clean, tidy and beautiful
- Purchase and organise consistent supplies of refreshments, kitchen, bathroom and office equipment
- Ensure students abide by the office rules across all spaces
- Manage all cleaning, maintenance and utilities
- Manage employee usage of equipment (laptops, monitors, phones, keys etc)
- Manage phone contracts and office insurance
- Book transfer and accommodation for the team where necessary
- Liaise with contractors (electricians, handymen, AC, IT specialists) to build new spaces
- Buy and install additional furniture (sofa, dishwasher, chairs)
- Book team events for everyone to enjoy
ABOUT YOU ?
- You are fluent in English and fluent in German.
- You love making spaces beautiful and have a real office pride!
- You are outgoing and highly sociable, and are constantly interested in the progress and happiness of every one of our students and staff.
- You are extremely organised and love to put in structure
- You are autonomous and prioritise getting things done
- You like working with budgets and love getting value for money
- You have a good understanding on how to book events and accommodation
- You thrive on communication, both written and verbal. You are at your most happy at a party, and enjoy talking to anyone and everyone.
- You are approachable and you love helping people.
- You enjoy working in a small team with a degree of independence
1+ year of experience in an office, community, HR or PA role with good experience of organising and marketing events (talks, workshops, social)
APPLICATION PROCESS ?♀️ ?♂️
- Video interview with Rich, Germany Manager
- Video interview with Rhett, Head of Business Operations, and Nim, Head of Marketing
- 1/2 day spent working at Le Wagon office in Berlin to meet the team
- 30K per year
- Yearly retreat with 150+ employees from Le Wagon around the workld – previously Lisbon, Essaouira and Bordeaux
- Travel to London and Paris on occassions throughout the year
- Possibility to work remotely sometimes