What is key to every business success? It is keeping focus on what you are best at and leave your competitors behind. Many freelancers and small business owners are forced to do everything themselves resulting in loss of focus and missed business opportunities. They can’t use their time efficiently because they get distracted by incoming calls, messages and mails or miss on opportunities because they were not able to answer that one call that would have been the next big deal.
Our powerful and constantly developing software as a service communication platform is for more than 20 years a catalyst for success in that our customers never miss an opportunity while being able to maintain focus and concentrate on their core activities.
We are a small company working in small teams. We believe that a pleasant atmosphere helps teams to be effective and creative. We are curious to hear about your ideas on how to foster that. Helping others and learning from each other is as meaningful as providing reliable systems. This will be your first challenge.
Tech-wise, our software platform is build in Java running on more than 400 Debian Servers and 600 diskless Ubuntu-Linux Clients. We are operating a SaaS telephony service platform, two data center and several international office locations. Proving reliable infrastructure and high availability is key to our overall success and your second challenge – thousands of customers rely on you. Also, our Software Engineers will benefit from your expertise about how to provide stable infrastructure, servers, REST micro-services, test and build systems.
While you need to keep the existing infrastructure running, we will work together on automating as much as possible. Managing automation projects will be your third and most important challenge. Right now, we are using Puppet, Foreman, Terraform and Ansible. You know how to get the most value from these tools? Let us know – you’re the expert!
- Own and run our entire infrastructure
- Manage and maintain our heterogenous system landscape and its security
- Increase levels of automation and high availability
- Level up and automate our infrastructure with Puppet and Ansible
- Introduce new technology, especially cloud-based solutions with AWS and Azure
- Implement DevOps concepts
- Develop great ideas about how to improve our stack
Things you’ve ideally experienced already:
- You know how to support a good team spirit
- You´ve seen an idea grow when everyone contributes instead of fighting for who is right
- You´ve people to benefit from your expertise
- You´ve 3 years of expertise with Java, Spring, Hibernate
- You´ve ideas about how good code looks like
- You´ve crafted RESTful APIs, micro-services, SQL databases
- You helped to create a DevOps-mindset
- You´ve played around CI/CD principles using Jenkins, Stash, Git and Linux already
- You´ve developed prototypes and provided incremental improvements
- You´ve got sparkles in your eyes about backend infrastructure architecture
- You´re not afraid of sprinkles of Frontend using HTML5 either
- You´ve worked with RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch? That´s an asset
- Ideally, seen a university from the inside. You don’t? No worries, we like autodidacts too!
It’s a match, if we share some core beliefs:
- Treat your teammates as you’d like to be treated.
- Be a good mentor and coach to your team.
- People before technology & Smart solutions over ideology
- Clear and transparent communication and expectations.
- Being a team player and not a lonesome hero.
- Contributing your favourite idea to a discussion with colleagues is about creating something bigger, not about telling others how great you are or how things should be done.
- Agile Methods like Scrum or Kanban are a tool to improve the product step by step and flexible, not a religion.
- No discussion, no honey
- Choose what’s best for your: MacBook or PC?
- Ride a bike or a train: we provide a bike or public transport ticket
- Stay healthy and relaxed: we support Urban Sports Club
- Become a Foam master or Bartender: enjoy the best coffee machine and beer from tap in our office
- Level up your skills: we will get you eye-opening books
- Take a course: we will support your hunger for education
- You need some holidays? 28 days for everyone
- You don´t smoke? Get one extra day off
- You have hobbies and a family? Great. We have core ours to maintain flexibility
Sounds terrifying? Bummer! We’re sorry to hear that.
Sounds terrific? Great! Get in touch.
We at Pinguin are fostering diversity and are committed to create teams with a broad variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. All decisions about interviews, offers and employment are based on expertise, merit and business need.