At Zattoo we are building the TV platform of the future. To make that possible, we are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/x) to join our Operations team. As the demand for unicast TV delivery is constantly growing, we are scaling out our custom built delivery infrastructure to serve linear and non-linear video data on a multi Tbps scale. Because we control the whole chain from ingest through encoding/transcoding, to packaging and delivery there are many exciting areas to work on and to push TV to a new level.
You will play a key role in optimizing our systems architecture, monitoring and alerting. You will be working closely together with the core video, core middleware and SRE/Ops teams to ensure maximum quality of our service to our customers. If you have a strong interest in monitoring, scaling out and optimizing complex distributed systems, you can have a huge impact on site performance and network optimization at Zattoo
What you’ll do
- Become a valued member of Zattoo’s Ops/SRE team and improve our core services
- Analyse and understand Zattoo’s core services and explore ways on how to efficiently scale them
- Propose improvements to platforms, infrastructure, tools and processes
- Work closely with the middleware team and support them with the operational setup for their projects
- Collaborate, support and consult engineers to write code that performs well and scales
- Advocate security and stability, raise awareness for weak spots and develop plans to mitigate them
- Increase optimization and automation of our setup in various areas such as monitoring, alerting, performance and profiling
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years proven experience in a Site Reliability Engineering or Ops position, ideally operating a complex web based service
- Very good understanding of Data stores (elasticsearch, cassandra, redis, memcached, mysql, database replication/failover)
- Experience in container management such as Kubernetes, Docker or LXC w/o using cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud in Cloud and on-premise.
- Experience in working with standard Ops tools, we use Debian, Nginx, Puppet, Jenkins
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- A BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby and/or Go based web frameworks
- Experience in Monitoring preferably working experience with Prometheus or similar technologies
Here’s what we offer you
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
JOIN US AND BECOME PART OF OUR STREAM TEAM!