Required: Applicants need to be currently enrolled in University and the internship must be mandatory (Pflichtpraktikum).
You want to help solve a problem for millions of people across emerging economies? You’re highly motivated, hardworking and creative and want to have significant impact in an early-stage startup? Then this might be the perfect internship for you!
You’ll get the unique opportunity to help grow a business by hands-on building out the commercial strategy with the CEO and acquiring customers.
Lesan is led by Adam Beaudoin and Asme Teka Hadgu, who are using machine learning to offer instant translation tools for languages in emerging economies like Ethiopia. Our product, an instant translation API, produces the best quality translation for the languages we focus on and has several commercial application across different segments of the market. Interested?
What your internship will entail
- Full ownership of the the commercial strategy for the customer segment you want to explore.
- You will prepare sales pipelines, brainstorm user acquisition strategies and work on landing pages and ad campaigns.
- You’ll be working with cutting edge technology and talking to a range of companies all over the world.
- We will both set company goals every month and work together to achieve them
We seek an intern who has demonstrated accomplishment in the following skills:
- Ideally you would have worked in sales, marketing or growth before. You might have had a side project that had users. You should be be very curious and interested in how to apply technology to solve various problems for companies.
- Desirable but not necessary: Experience setting up landing pages and Google or Facebook ads.
- Previous experience working in a startup is a plus
- Good time management and are independent
- Enjoys running experiments to test different commercial hypothesis
- You are a team-player and someone we can count on
- You share our vision and are up for the challenge
- You are fluent in English
Why you will love Lesan
- You’ll be working directly with our CEO & Co-Founder
- Be part of an early growth startup: See how a small team is creating something huge
- A small team means a lot of support and open ears for awesome ideas: We want to see you being creative and try out stuff!
- You’ll work on something that will change the lives of millions
- As you would with friends, we’ll go for beers, have lunches and much more
- Flexible hours & work with us from our co-working space or work from home!
What you need to bring
- Clear and concise communication
- The desire to be working in a bootstrapped startup to be fully hands-on
- Interest in working within an exciting startup company environment
- Resourceful, flexible with a hands-on mentality
- A computer
We can’t wait to hear from you!