Vimcar is searching for a Team Lead (also called Engineering Manager) for one of our cross-functional product teams. In this role, you will lead a small team, while still contributing as a frontend SPA developer. The team consists of backend developers (python) and frontend SPA developers (Flow, React), collaborating closely to deliver new customer facing features and improvements. We value communication, collaboration & knowledge sharing heavily.
- You lead a small team of backend and frontend developers. You help them grow, and keep them motivated and productive. You are an enabler: whenever you spot obstacles for the team, you try to clear them. You are the supporter and the backbone of the team.
- You contribute hands-on as a frontend developer and architect. You help develop our SPAs in React, add new features, maintain and grow them.
- You drive and embrace hard technical decisions together with the team. You balance engineering and product priorities and establish a road map.
- You collaborate closely with a dedicated product manager, and other members of our product team. Along with the team, you challenge product requirements and ensure deadlines are met.
- You work closely with the CTO on technical, people and personal topics. You support the CTO in making the right strategic decisions.
- 2+ years leading and mentoring a team of developers in a product focused, agile environment.
- 4+ years as a software developer, with experience in our frontend tech stack.
- In-depth experience in building the frontend of web applications.
- Thorough understanding of SaaS, microservices, CI/CD and public clouds (i.e. AWS).
- A strong architecture and systems thinking mindset which helps you to make hard decisions and build, maintain and improve larger systems over time. Experience in designing and maintaining REST APIs.
- Business fluent in English, with excellent communication skills.
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through an exciting growth period with significant VC backing.
- A high visibility role working closely together with the CTO and the product team, shaping the future of Vimcars product.
- Work in an environment where you and your team are involved in decision making early, and iterate and release often.
- Work together with a talented international team, and help shape their way of working.
- Permanent, full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop.
- Company learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses.
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form. Reach out to [email protected] if you have any question – we’re happy to help.