01’s vision combines what Google did for search and what Amazon did for eCommerce to build the “Internet of Data”: a single access point to all the data in the world, including free and commercial data. Our data network connects all datasets and data points, such as health & life-science data for health AI/analytics applications or for new drug development.
Our Go-To-Market focuses on the US healthcare & life-science market.
01 is a continuation from two previous companies dealing with data trading, data access, and data sharing via data marketplace platforms, data transfer technologies, GDPR-compliance-by-design, and centralised and distributed networks.
Why we do what we do
Data is currently the most valuable and critical asset that drives innovation across sectors (e.g., for AI and analytics), For us at 01, access to data means the core of innovation, especially when it comes to health and life-science data. Here are some examples of what we care about:
- Detection of health issues and customized intervention, e.g, via DNA analysis before and during pregnancy to prevent complications for mothers or their children.
- Prevention of potential health issues, e.g., via new drug development and personalized treatments to cure so-far incurable diseases like Cancer, Alzheimer or Diabetes;
- Improving population health through the understanding and changing the conditions that determine them. e.g., creating nutrition and health programs for developing countries or worse-off communities.
- Practical experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Hands-on programming experience.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 4 or more developers).
- Large scale systems design experience.
- Experience in founding or working in early stage-startups
- Experience creating product, go-to-market and growth strategies
- Experience planning and executing multiple, complex technology development projects including P&L management
- Experience working on data science and data engineering projects
- Experience working with Open Source tools and frameworks
- Experience with fast-paced product development and iterations
- Experience managing outsource service providers
- Comfortable talking about product matters with sales and marketing people, and the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Experience in big data related operations, especially health and life-science data
- A-player: you are in the top 10% of your category. You are unique. You are looking for breakthroughs and freedom to express your ideas, energy and skills.
- Self-learner, self-mover, creative by nature (you naturally come up and create new stuff without being told-to or guided)
- Nice, team player, likes doing more than talking
- You are not in love with programming and over-engineering but with getting stuff done (especially great products that customers love using) for the success of the company
- Not into jumping between projects. Yes into building your own global, market-leading company
- Able to manage yourself and lead without being lead
- Like challenges, the bigger they are the better you get
- You work under the maximax principle: success is a result of always doing the extra and there’s always an extra
- You want to make an Exit in 3 years
- Manage software engineering and perform hands-on tasks with full-stack development, task planning and code reviews. Until we hire programmers you are in charge of doing whatever programming you can before outsourcing it.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex products and technical projects.
- Manage product management until a dedicated person will be hired to do this. Ensure we’re building the right and best products.
- In partnership with the executive team, drive company success through an aggressive business-oriented product approach and an overall strategic view.
- Understand markets, competition, tech trends and user requirements in depth.
- Plan and launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly, while reviewing and using existing tech platform, solutions and tools.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, legal, UX, etc.
- Set up and manage company communication systems, marketing tools, data privacy and security.
- Communicate the company’s product & technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement as needed.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Set up and monitor a web analytics to measure site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Reporting – develop, track, and control the development and deployment per annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all product and development team staff.
What you can expect:
- Initial compensation is equity-based. We are starting a large funding round in the next two months. Salaries depend on revenue or the financing round.
- Work from an office in a co-working space in Berlin. Good team dynamics is THE base.
- Professional growth potential per your and the company’s performance – we’re looking for someone to run a marathon with us that ends in a Billion dollar Exit.
More about Zero-One:
- You will be coming in to an ongoing operation slightly rebranded, evolving from two previous companies and a 6 year run. You will be picking up and improving on existing work in one of the most relevant fields today.
- The CEO is an experienced entrepreneur who previously founded four ventures. There are existing product history and knowledge, market knowledge, best practices, access to customers, partners and investors.
- We are an A-team and are looking for serious, professional A-players.
- We’re building an enterprise for an exit in ~3 years, not a mobile app.