Berlin British School
Berlin British School (BBS) is an independent private school experienced in combining the best of British with an international education to students aged 2-18 from a variety of cultural backgrounds. This diversity in our Community of Thinkers gives students an opportunity to explore issues from multiple perspectives and prepares them for the challenges they face in a rapidly changing and ever-more competitive world.
- Small class sizes to support individual learning
- High standards of pastoral care with a focus on fostering students’ self-confidence
- Interactive teaching and learning
- Highly qualified teaching staff with English as the language of instruction
- Motivated international student community
- Rigorous academic standards
- German language lessons provided for all students (native and non-native classes)
- Extensive extracurricular activities – regular musical performances, sport competitions etc.
The school is based on three sites with facilities appropriate to each age group:
Early Years – a programme of structured learning for ages 2-6 (Toddlers, Nursery, Reception and Year 1). A secure woodland environment with spacious outdoor play area and recently refurbished classrooms.
Primary – specialist teaching facilities for ages 6-11 (Years 2 – 6) including dedicated music and ICT rooms as well as an indoor gymnasium and large assembly hall. The site is located within easy reach of public transport (Olympia Stadion S-Bahn) and forms a hub for shuttle buses to the other sites.
Secondary – a woodland campus for ages 12-18 (Years 7 – 13) leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The IBDP is often described as the gold standard of international education and is recognised by universities worldwide, including those in UK, USA and Germany.
Berlasco – Berlin Language School
Berlasco – Berlin Language School near Gendarmenmarkt specializes in teaching German as a Foreign Language (DaF) and English as a Foreign Language at all levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Other languages are available upon request.
To us, the highest standards of teaching and service take into account a student’s individualized situation.
Berlasco offers one-to-one lessons, small groups and complete class courses throughout Berlin: In-house instruction at your embassy, residence, institution or company is always an option.
We are centrally located in Berlin-Mitte, the historic, political, and cultural center of Berlin.
Customized language training: We tailor our programs specifically to suit the personal and professional requirements of our clients.
Experienced native speaking teachers, all of them fluent in at least one other language.
Highest academic standards and a professional service: We provide personalized outlines of learning objectives and progress reports, and have flexible cancellation and booking policies.
Join our Berlin network: We offer a wide variety of social and cultural activities and tours that connect our clients with native speakers of German and other languages.
CareerFoundry – Building Careers in Tech
CareerFoundry is an online, mentored training platform for Web Development and UX Design. One of the only career driven online programs in the world. Beginners as well as upgraders from anywhere around the globe can choose among the courses offered and decide when to start, with immediate access to the learning materials and tools. During the course, students will be connected daily with an expert mentor, who will guide them through a custom-designed training process towards the building of their own portfolio project.
“Our mission is to give you a process and the ability to use your skills effectively for clients, businesses and their own ideas in just a few months.”
The bbw University of Applied Sciences offers both Bachelors and Masters courses. For a Bachelor’s course, you can choose between three main subject groups with various specializations. For Masters` programs, there are three individual interdisciplinary courses to choose from. The courses may be attended as a part-time extra-occupational course (starting on March 1st or September 1st) or on a full-time basis (starting on April 1st and October 1st).This fills a gap in the German educational system at long last through a greater penetrability. The growing complexity facing companies today can only be tackled with well trained employees. The bbw University of Applied Sciences takes this into account in its course curriculums.
Arrived in Germany or planning to? Experienced already german organization, doing one thing after another? Or wondered why Germans appear distanced? Or why they can not be easy-going at work and split professional and private life strictly?
Acting with people from different cultural backgrounds is a challenge of constant negotiation about who is the weirdo 😉
Once you made it through the first stages, let me guarantee, it will be a lovely experience which becomes addictive.
With some basic considerations, practical insights and intercultural theories at hand, you will tackle the integration into a multicultural environment very quickly as it will decrease slight frustration, insecure situations, wrong judgement on both sides and risks of your business endeavors.
In a coaching you will get answers to the following questions:
- How to connect to Germans
- Integration into a German and/or International company culture
- German business etiquette (run meetings, dinner, networking, time management, priority setting)
- Small talk
- Build a private social life
- How can I learn to understand Do’s and Don’ts in Germany?
- How to make sure I keep connected to my own culture?
We will integrate a smart phone solution on iOS for a mobile quick support.
All the best.
Freelance Psychologist Bertine D.
Are you looking for some support, either for yourself, your relationship or your family?
As a psychologist, I am specialised in working particularly with the expat community in Berlin and people who are in intercultural relationships.
Both face to face and Skype sessions are available.
Compassionate coach, intercultural trainer, and conflict resolution practitioner bridging cultures and communities through effective communication and mediation. A hands-on change agent that works with youth, organizations, diverse teams and executives and facilitates, moderates and guides clients through difficult individual or group conflicts. The source of my motivation is to support groups and individuals in their change processes and to bridge cultures through effective communication. I help clients journey through difficult conflicts- whether this could mean a career and life change, moving to a new country, or working in a global setting. My work is to be client-centered, solution-focused and success oriented.
Cross Cultural Training:
- Offer moderation, intercultural management, conflict awareness, diversity workshops, soft-skills communication training and team building for individuals, teams and organizations.
- Intensive consulting and training allows individuals to examine their communication styles, views of the world, and understand our cultural maps and personal profiles.
Integration & Relocation Service:
- Provide new arrival orientation, returning home adjustment orientations, and cross-cultural coaching for foreign families, expats, and professionals who are coming to work, start-up a business, or study at a university in Germany.
- A new and exclusive angle is offering personalized relocation service for VIPS and Executives in opening a business corporation, establishing residency, or wishing to retire to Panama.
- Help people in business, organizations and private individuals to find quick, constructive and creative solutions to disputes.
- Serve as an impartial third party to support and help those involved in a conflict to find a resolution.
- Facilitate communication between the parties to promote reconciliation, settlement or understanding.
- Specializes in systemic and life coaching, career advising, supervision, solution and target orientation, group motivation.
- Work with Ingeus Individual, a certified coaching academy in Berlin, that helps students, career changers, newcomers and unemployed academics enter/reenter the German workforce.
- Help clients with establishing their own business, job reintegration and reentering market after parent breaks or career changes.