The Head of Procurement will lead fliit’s procurement department, one of our key strategic functions responsible for sourcing transport carriers and managing existing carrier relationships. As Head of Procurement, you will define and execute fliit’s procurement strategy and ensure smooth operations within the procurement team. This role is based in Berlin.
- Define and execute procurement strategy, aligned with fliit’s overall and business unit strategy
- Build the best European carrier network in food logistics
- Ensure procurement’s contribution to achieving fliit’s financial targets
- Initiate and prioritize projects/initiatives to optimize processes
- Develop & coach a strong team of procurement managers based in Berlin and in other European locations
- Support the procurement team in overcoming roadblocks
- Manage interfaces with other departments such as sales
- Define, own and improve procurement KPIs
The ideal candidate has proven experience working within procurement departments closely related to the transportation industry. Experience on sales, and/or related departments is also highly recommended, as far as within the transportation sector. The candidate should have at least 5 years of Procurement experience.
- Experience in Transportation, Freight Forwarding and Logistics is required
- Candidates must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Liaising and collaborating with external partners will also require negotiation skills.
- Fluency in English and German is required
Why working at fliit?
- Make a difference – Your work is a key contribution to our way to revolutionise food logistics
- Freedom – You are part of a start-up with an open working atmosphere and flat hierarchies in which you can freely develop and take on responsibility from day one
- Support – Starter training to bring you up to speed and make you successful in your role; continuous support throughout your internship
- Start-up Spirit – You have the opportunity to be there right from the start. Teamwork, open communication and transparency are our top priorities
- Awesome team – celebrating successes and a friendly and warm environment
- The usual stuff: free fruit, drinks, an activity room to release some stress & other social activities
Sounds like you? We are looking forward to receiving your application!