Uplift1 is looking for a highly motivated Venture Investment Intern.
Uplift1 is revolutionizing how startups access growth capital. With our revenue-based funding approach, we enable founders to scale their companies without losing equity. We support startups in the Seed and Series A stages with financings ranging from €100k – €500k. You will be part of an experienced founder team with backgrounds from Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Holtzbrinck Ventures, Rocket Internet, WHU, Uni Mannheim and many others. We are backed by investors who have previously founded investment firms with +€100mn assets under management and companies with +€100mn in annual revenue.
As Venture Investment Intern you will be an essential part of the investment team from day one and support us in the foundation of a new investment firm.
You will work directly with the founding team on all investment- and business development related topics such as:
- Deal-sourcing via relevant media channels and startup events
- Conducting financial analysis and market research for investment decisions of up to €500k per deal
- Enhancing Uplift1’s data-driven investment approach based on data from portfolio companies
- Setting up operational workflows and managing communication with founders and investors
- Representing Uplift1 in the German startup ecosystem and developing its brand
- You will be deeply involved in the founding process of a new investment firm and work directly with some of Germany’s most renowned entrepreneurs and investors
- You will have the opportunity to quickly build a network in the German VC / startup scene and apply your theoretical knowledge in real-life investment decisions
- You are compensated with an attractive salary and have the option to join full-time or in a more senior position later on
- You work in a demanding and always respectful working environment with flat hierarchies
Ideally, you meet the following requirements:
- In your third semester or higher in a business-related field of study
- Practical work experience in VC/startups or other relevant fields (finance, consulting etc.)
- Analytical, proactive & data-driven approach with a hands-on mentality and high attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of financial analysis in MS Excel is a plus
- Very strong communication skills, fluent in German and English
- Available for min. 6 months on-site in Berlin (we recruit on a rolling basis)
Easy application with CV only