Berlin British School
Berlin British School (BBS) is an independent private school experienced in combining the best of British with an international education to students aged 2-18 from a variety of cultural backgrounds. This diversity in our Community of Thinkers gives students an opportunity to explore issues from multiple perspectives and prepares them for the challenges they face in a rapidly changing and ever-more competitive world.
- Small class sizes to support individual learning
- High standards of pastoral care with a focus on fostering students’ self-confidence
- Interactive teaching and learning
- Highly qualified teaching staff with English as the language of instruction
- Motivated international student community
- Rigorous academic standards
- German language lessons provided for all students (native and non-native classes)
- Extensive extracurricular activities – regular musical performances, sport competitions etc.
The school is based on three sites with facilities appropriate to each age group:
Early Years – a programme of structured learning for ages 2-6 (Toddlers, Nursery, Reception and Year 1). A secure woodland environment with spacious outdoor play area and recently refurbished classrooms.
Primary – specialist teaching facilities for ages 6-11 (Years 2 – 6) including dedicated music and ICT rooms as well as an indoor gymnasium and large assembly hall. The site is located within easy reach of public transport (Olympia Stadion S-Bahn) and forms a hub for shuttle buses to the other sites.
Secondary – a woodland campus for ages 12-18 (Years 7 – 13) leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The IBDP is often described as the gold standard of international education and is recognised by universities worldwide, including those in UK, USA and Germany.